Learn how to eat clean, whether to burn fat to lose weight, or burn fat to build lean muscle mass. You can even do both! Learn about living a healthier lifestyle.
CLEAN EATING FOR BEGINNERS
5 Simple Steps to Jump Start Your Healthier Eating
How do you start eating clean and change your lifestyle, without completely changing your favorite foods?
You don’t have to deprive yourself to lose weight or meet your BMI goals. You don’t have to cut out carbs, in fact, your body will need certain carbohydrates for energy. (I’m not speaking against the KETO diet… that is a separate topic for a separate purpose. You can read more about the KETO diet, here). You don’t have to cut out fat, in fact, many fats are good fats that your body really needs. You don’t have to cut out everything that is detrimental. A sudden, BIG change is difficult and usually the reason why it is so tough to stay the course.
See how you can lose weight, build muscle, improve your energy, blood pressure and cholesterol levels, and overall, just FEEL BETTER! Follow along with these simple steps to get started. This is a good starting point. Keep reading for more options and tools to help you succeed!
- Eat Breakfast – Breakfast is truly, the most important meal of the day. After fasting all night, your body needs something to get your metabolism into ‘working mode.’
- Eat smaller and more frequent meals – Always eat until satisfied, but never until you are full. Your body will process the food faster and better if portions are sensible.
Click here to view and/or order this simple portion control serving set. This takes the pain out of measuring.
- Read all labels – It’s a bit tedious, but extremely important. The nutrition facts give a serving size. Stay within the serving sizes. If you even continue your current daily diet, but keep to the serving sizes, creating a calorie deficit will prove some results. Nothing like a full-time meal plan, but something to get you started.
Check out this SMART kitchen scale! It displays all of your nutrition facts and the touch of a button, to make for easy calorie and macro tracking! Click the link to order.
- Plan your menu and shop with a grocery list – Planning ahead makes it easier to stick with a meal plan and not give in to the convenience of eating out. However, there are many ways to eat clean when eating out. You will just have better results if you cook more at home.
- Add vegetables to your meals and drink water as your beverage. – Vegetables are packed with vitamins and minerals your body needs, not to mention fiber. If you struggle to get them in your body, start by adding some seasoning and cook them. They do lose some nutrients as they cook, but you will still get many benefits from cooked vegetables, which is much better than not consuming them. Water is necessary. It lowers blood pressure and cholesterol, reduces fatigue and boosts energy, keeps your metabolism at an efficient pace and many more benefits!
This is just a start! Download my free RECIPE OF THE WEEK! Each week, I’ll post a new, clean recipe that the whole family will love.
If this feels impossible, grab a friend and give it a try. It’s always difficult to make a change, alone. If you want some guidance, try my 8-week challenge, ‘Lean Into It.’ The program is online and you will receive all of the tools you need to get started and stay the course. Others will join and we will have lots of motivation and feedback via a Facebook group. Click the program link to learn more!
If that’s still a bit steep and scary, try my 1-week challenge, where I will ask you some of your favorite foods and give you a 1-week meal plan. If it motivates you to continue, I will discount the Lean Into It program for the remainder of the 6 weeks.
LET’S GET LEAN!
See some of my past clients’ results below!
Keto VS Paleo? What’s the difference?
Both are significant changes in a daily diet, both have benefits. Both work for some and don’t work for others. So how do you know which diet to follow? There are so many fad diets out on the market and every single one of them has multiple followers, who have had great success.
See the major differences below:
Keto: The name says it all. The goal of a keto diet is to optimize the specific foods in your diet to raise your ketone levels and get your body into active ‘ketosis.’ Ketosis is a metabolic state, where your body will use stored fats as fuel, when carbohydrates aren’t available. Your body will burn fat, because it’s using the stored fat for energy. A Keto diet is also extremely low in carbohydrates; less than 20g per day is all you may be allowed. On the other end of the spectrum, the keto diet stresses the importance of healthy fats and requires a very high fat intake.
Paleo: The goal of a Paleo diet is to focus on the quality of intake. Foods that are generally whole and unprocessed, natural and rich in nutrients and doesn’t focus on ketone levels, at all. While the Paleo diet has a significant reduction in carbohydrates, there is a big difference in the amount of carbs, than that of a keto diet. This diet will also support the importance of consuming healthy fats, however the paleo diet won’t require a high fat intake to be successful.
Looking at these differences, you will have to decide which is the one you will most likely be able to continue, long-term. Keto is a bit more drastic than a paleo diet, and if you’re feeding a family, a paleo diet is more reasonable. If you are struggling with diabetes and want to lower blood sugar levels fast, keto is the way to go.